Windows Home Server 2011 Step by Step is your comprehensive guide to building, installing, configuring and mastering Microsoft's home server platform.
Authored by Microsoft Windows Home Server MVPs Terry Walsh and Jim Clark, Windows Home Server 2011 Step by Step is We Got Served essential "missing manual" for the operating system, for beginners and experts alike - covering hardware, software, apps, add-ins, tips, tricks, advice, support and a whole lot more.
Get over 600 pages of home server walkthroughs, covering a wide range of topics for beginners and experts alike. We'll discuss why you need a home server in your digital home, the benefits of Windows Home Server vs other storage platforms and walk you through your first few days of life with your home server. From there, we move on to more advanced topics, covering Apple Mac integration, remote access and media streaming before kicking off a series of advanced projects to help you make the most of your home server.
1. What is a Home Server?
2. Building Your Home Server
3. Should I Upgrade to Windows Home Server 2011?
4. Windows Home Server 2011 Hardware Requirements
5. Installing Windows Home Server 2011
6. Connecting Client Computers to the Server
7. The Launchpad
8. Managing Your Server With the Dashboard
9. Backing Up Your PCs
10. Restoring Files, Folders and PCs
11. Managing Users
12. Home Server Storage
13. Accessing Your Server Remotely
14. Doing More With Add-ins
15. Backing Up Your Server
16. Recovering Your Server
17. Windows Home Server and Apple Macs
18. Managing TV Recordings With Windows Media Center
19. Streaming Music, Videos and Photos
20. Install a Wordpress Blog
21. Install a Photo and Video Gallery on Your Home Server
22. Share Your Printer With Devices On the Network
23. Host PC Updates Locally With Windows Server Update Services
24. Advanced Storage Management With RAID
25. Media Streaming From Windows Home Server to Apple iPad
Did you know we offer free samples of all of our eBooks?
If you'd like to "try before you buy" just drop your email address below to register and you'll receive a download link with samples available for our entire range of eBooks.
We'll also keep you up to date with new titles as they're published, along with exclusive offers, discounts and the latest news.