Using Windows Server 2016 Essentials is We Got Served's guide to Microsoft's latest small business server platform.
Fully updated and revised with coverage of the latest features and enhancements to the server platform, Using Windows Server 2016 Essentials guides readers step by step through installing, configuring and managing your organisation's IT needs, built on Microsoft's "hybrid cloud" platform.
Carefully illustrated with hundreds of colour screenshots, this 625 page eBook is designed to provide a friendly deep dive into the features and workings of Microsoft's server platform - no IT degree required! The book guides you through your first few weeks with the server - you'll be walked step by step through the hardware you'll need, installing the Windows Server software, configuring user accounts and security settings, connecting and protecting your data on client PCs and Apple Macs.
You'll learn all about Windows Server 2016 Essentials' Anywhere Access features, setting up VPN and remote web access so your team can access their files, folders - even office PCs - when they're out on the road. The latest title also includes a comprehensive guide to installing configuring hardware RAID arrays as well as simpler software-based storage pools that allow powerful ways to aggregate and manage storage folders.
Whether you're considering the use of a server at home or for your small business, thinking about moving your small office IT infrastructure to the cloud, or simply want to find out more about Microsoft's "first server" platform, Using Windows Server 2016 Essentials is a simple, clear and comprehensive step by step guide - written by non-IT geeks, for non-IT geeks!
Formats: PDF, ePub, Mobi
Pages: 625 (A4 Print equivalent)
1. Welcome to Windows Server 2016 Essentials
2. What's New in Windows Server 2016 Essentials?
3. Windows Server 2016 Essentials Installation Requirements
4. Install Windows Server 2016 Essentials
5. Introducing the Windows Server 2016 Essentials Dashboard
6. Connect Client PCs to Windows Server 2016 Essentials
7. Connect Apple Macs and Other Computers to the Server
8. A Trip Around the Dashboard
9. The Launchpad
10. The Dashboard Home Tab
11. Managing Users, User Groups and Accounts
12. Managing Devices and Group Policy
13. Managing Hard Drives, Server Folders and Storage Spaces
14. Configuring RAID Storage Arrays
15. Extending Windows Server 2016 Essentials With Add-ins
16. Remote Access
17. Protect and Restore Your Data
Did you know we offer free samples of all of our eBooks?
If you'd like to "try before you buy" just drop your email address below to register and you'll receive a download link with samples available for our entire range of eBooks.
We'll also keep you up to date with new titles as they're published, along with exclusive offers, discounts and the latest news.